Now you can pay the travels with The Public Transport Company Cluj-Napoca by sending a simple SMS from your mobile phone at the number 7479. The service is available in the mobile networks such as Vodafone, Orange and Digi Mobil. The command SMS is free in Vodafone and DigiMobil networks and for Orange Network it has a cost of 0,05 Euro without VAT.
1. Travel titles available through SMS
Urban - Cluj-Napoca
1. Do you want to pay 1 TRIP for one line from Cluj-Napoca?
Send the NUMBER OF THE LINE through SMS at 7479 (eg 6, 25, 3) and after receiving the SMS with the confirmation of the payment you will have 1 valid trip for the line of transport that you indicated, for a period of 45 minutes. The trip is valid for the ongoing day, until the hour indicated in the payment confirmation SMS (Total Cost SMS: 0.65 euro plus VAT).
2. Do you want to pay for several trips valid for 1 hour on all the lines from Cluj-Napoca?
Send through SMS the letter T at 7479 and after receiving the SMS with the confirmation of the payment you will have a trip subscription for 60 minutes on all the lines directly from your mobile phone. The trip is valid for the ongoing day, until the hour indicated in the payment confirmations SMS (SMS price: 1.20 euro plus VAT).
3. Do you want a Subscription for 1 DAY (24 hours) on ALL the lines from Cluj-Napoca?
Send through SMS the letter A at 7479 and after receiving the SMS with the confirmation of the payment you will have a trip subscription for 24 hours on all the lines from Cluj-Napoca directly from your mobile phone. The subscription is valid until the hour indicated in the payment confirmations SMS (SMS price: 3.90 euro plus VAT).
4. Do you want a valid night ticket on the special night bus trip 25N?
Send the text 25N via SMS to 7479 and after receiving the payment confirmation SMS you will have 1 valid trip on the night line 25N, for 45 minutes. The trip is valid until the time indicated in the payment confirmation SMS. (Total SMS cost: 1 Euro + VAT, of which 5 lei including VAT goes to CTP Cluj-Napoca for transport, the difference representing the cost of the SMS payment operation service).
Metropolitan-all the localities in which CTP Cluj-Napoca offers public transport.
For the Cluj Metropolitan Area, you can purchase 1-way tickets between Cluj-Napoca and the metropolitan area.
1. Do you want to pay 1 Metropolitan TRIP between Cluj Napoca and the desired metropolitan city?
Send by SMS to 7479 the name of the locality or the short order code consisting of the first letters of the name of the locality, without using diacritics and after receiving the SMS confirming the payment you will have a ticket for 1 metropolitan trip between Cluj-Napoca and the chosen locality. The trip is valid until the time indicated in the payment confirmation SMS.
2. Advantages of this payment solution through SMS
- the purchase is made instantly without your need to move to a booking office.
- you do not depend on the functioning schedule of booking offices or of their placement in stations.
- the confirmation of the trip's payment will be received directly on your mobile phone within an interval of maximum 25 seconds from the moment the message was sent.
- you do not need cash money in order to do the transaction (you pay at the next telephone bill or from your initial credit if it involves a prepaid telephone card).
- with the trip title for the metropolitan area you can travel in the city until the desired destination within the purchased time limit.
- the price of the trip ticket does not change (you pay extra only the costs regarding the operator's SMS payments services). Additionally, the trip for that specific period of time can bring you advantages. See the section "Available trip titles through SMS" to find out more details.
- the value of the ticket can be fully discounted (including VAT) this value appearing on the invoice issued by the telephone operator.
3. Ticket purchase through SMS
- Send a SMS message with the code of the desired trip title at the short number 7479. (Details regarding the code of the tickets can be found in the section "Trip titles available through SMS").
- After a few seconds (maximum 25) you will receive on the mobile phone the payment confirmation message and the confirmation code allocated for the purchased ticket.
- The ticket is valid starting from the moment of confirmation until the availability time mentioned in the received message.
- you can purchase tickets for several persons just from only one mobile phone by sending a command message for each desired ticket. The persons that travel together must accompany the possessor of the mobile phone from which the proof of the payment is made. In the situation in which one of the persons interrupts its journey the other ones must keep the mobile phone from which the payment through SMS was made because this telephone contains the codes allocated to tickets and subscriptions. During the control operation on this telephone will be received the control codes.
Important!! It is compulsory to do the purchase of the SMS ticket before you board in the means of transportation because the ticket is valid only after receiving the confirmation message on the mobile phone. In order to make the purchase proof you must hold with you the confirmation code in the moment of control.
An example of confirmation message for the purchased trip title through SMS: Abonamentul 24 ORE pe toate liniile urbane a fost activat. Valabil pana la 14:19 in 19/06/2014. Cost total:3,00 eur+TVA. Cod confirmare ABC01
(24 hour Subscription on all the urban lines was activated. Valid until the hour 14:19 and the date 19/06/2014. Total Cost: 3.00 euro+ VAT. Confirmation code ABC01)
- Show to the controller the confirmation code received.
- During the moment the control takes place you will receive a second SMS with the control code that must be presented to the controller.
- The confirmation code is valid only from the mobile phone from which the payment has been made. This code is not transmissible.
Important!! In order to make the holding proof of the valid ticket you must present the confirmation code received. Sending a SMS further to the control can not be accepted as title of valid trip. The controller will check into the system the code presented and you will receive a new message with a new code. You will present to the controller the second code for verification. This is why it is mandatory to have your mobile phone in good working conditions.
In the situation in which you present to the controller a code for a ticket with expired validity period, he will be warned that the presented code is EXPIRED. If you dictate a false code, this will be declared as INVALID.
The refuse to present the confirmation and control code ,presenting an expired or false code as well as absence of the mobile phone from which the payment of the SMS ticket was made are equivalent with not holding a valid trip title, it is considered a contravention and it is sanctioned according to the regulations in force.
5. Frequent questions
1. In which telephone networks does the payment through SMS work?
The payment through SMS of the trips for urban and metropolitan Cluj area can be done from Vodafone, Digi Mobil and Orange networks.
2. A ticket through SMS can be redirected (forward) for the use of a friend or my child?
No, a ticket through SMS is available only for the possessor of the phone from which the command was issued.
3. Can I purchase a ticket through SMS to use it at a date/hour subsequent to the acquisition?
No, the paid ticket through SMS becomes valid immediately after receiving the confirmation message ( 15-20 seconds from the command) and it is valid until the hour and date indicated in the message.
4. How can I purchase tickets through SMS for more persons?
You can purchase tickets for more persons from only one mobile phone by sending a message of command for each desired ticket if these persons travel together. They must accompany the possessor of the mobile phone from which the proof of the payment is made. In the situation in which, one of the persons interrupts its trip, the other ones must keep the mobile phone from which the payment through SMS was made,because this telephone contains the codes assigned to tickets and subscriptions. During the control operation on this telephone the control codes will be received.
5. What do I have to do if the validity period of the trip title purchased through SMS has expired and I did not managed to reach the destination?
You must send a new SMS command and you will purchase a new valid trip title.
6. Can I pay through SMS from an international number?
No, this thing is not possible.
7. What happens if I do not have enough credit in the case of a prepaid card?
In this situation you will not be able to pay the trip through SMS.
8. The mobile phone is registered on the company that I work for. Can I pay the trips through SMS?
You can pay the trips through SMS if the company's policies allows it to.
9. After I ordered the payment through SMS I receive an error message. Will I be taxed in some way?
You will be taxed with the normal fare of a sms from your network.
10. I sent a command sms and I did not receive any answer. Why?
The reasons for which you have not received the SMS with the answer can be the following ones, but not to be resumed only at these:
- your mobile number is in the network Telekom Romania, and for this operator the service of payment through SMS is not available.
- you sent a sms at a wrong telephone number.
- you do not have memory to receive any new messages.
- you do not have phone signal from several reasons.
- the messages do not reach the central server from several reasons (congestion, falls, etc).
11. If I have purchased a ticket for an urban trip on line 4 can I travel with another number, for example 30,on the common portion?
Yes, the ticket through SMS is valid on the other lines that have common section but only on the common portion.
12. If an urban line has a common route with a metropolitan line, can I use the ticket of the type "one trip on an urban line" on the bus with a metropolitan number?
With the ticket "one trip on an urban line" you can travel with the vehicle having the metropolitan number (eg M31) but only on the common section with the urban line. For example if you travel with M31 until the last station from Cluj-Napoca send "31" through SMS.
6. Terms and conditions
The users of the service (subscribers of the networks VODAFONE, ORANGE and Digi Mobil) declare that they are the owners of the mobile phone from which the payment through SMS of the travelling subscription or of the travel is made and have the right to use the phone for this purpose.
The users declare that they agree and that they will not seek,in any way, or any kind of material repair or of any other nature and that they will not formulate complaints/notifications against the Public Transport Company S.A Cluj-Napoca or to the supplier of the service, in the case of and without limitation to, there are met situations in which: the messages do not reach the supplier of the service because of some errors, traffic and/or administration in the servers; messages arrive in another form/format and the nature of making impossible their interpretation by the processing servers of messages; the messages arrive with an unjustified delay, due to some technical problems and/or of traffic; there are connecting errors and/or at the service; the service becomes unavailable or it is restrained within the territory/applications from causes of major force and/or unexpected technical revisions. Also the liability of the service supplier can not be retained, and the users declare that they agree not to formulate any kind of request/complaint/notification, but without limit to this, against the service supplier, for technical problems/communication/data transfer appeared as a result of an incorrect utilisation of the network/terminal and/or as a result of the area (eg:between high buildings, basements-shielding situations) in which the user is found in the moment of accessing the service.
Regulation valid starting from 18.06.2014.